I. To be able to make entry into India, it is absolutely essential that the visitors carry a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate.
II. It is illegal to carry or use Thuraya and other International Mobile Satellite phones into / in India.
Who is Eligible?
Any person who at any time held an Indian Passport; or he or either of his parents or grandparents was born in or was permanently resident in India as defined in Government of India Act, 1935 and other territories that became part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time a citizen of Afghanistan, Bhutan, China, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka; or who is a spouse of a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin as mentioned above.
Procedure for Application:
You may apply for a PIO Card at the Embassy by submitting the PIO Card Form (in duplicate) with following supporting documents:
- Current Passport
- ID/Proof of residence/Long-Term Visa
- Indian Passport (of a parent or grandparent, in case applicant was not issued one)
- Birth certificate of the applicant (in case eligibility is sought from parents or grandparents)
- Address Proof
- For applicants applying on the basis of marriage to an Indian Passport holder, they may also submit: (i) Indian Passport of spouse (ii) Marriage Certificate
- Any other documentary evidence to prove that the applicant is a person of Indian origin as defined.
Applicants may set up an appointment for making their PIO Card application by writing to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on the interview and scrutiny of documents provided, Consular Officer may seek additional supporting documents.