I. To be able to make entry into India, it is absolutely essential that the visitors carry a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate.
II. It is illegal to carry or use Thuraya and other International Mobile Satellite phones into / in India.
Who is Eligible?
A foreign national, who was eligible to become citizen of India on 26.01.1950 or was a citizen of India on or at any time after 26.01.1950 or belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947 and his/her children and grand children, is eligible for registration as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Minor children of such persons are also eligible for OCI. However, if the applicant had ever been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he/she will not be eligible for OCI.
Procedure for Application
Check-list for Supporting Documents
- Signed print-out of completed online registration form (in duplicate)
- Two photos (2 x 2 inches) with light colour background, one pasted on the form
- Current Passport with ID/Proof of Residence
- Evidence of self or parents or grandparents of: (a) Being eligible to become a citizen of India at the time of commencement of the Constitution; or (b) Belonging to a territory that became part of India after 15th August, 1947; or (c) Being citizen of India on or after 26th January, 1950
(i) Copy of the Indian passport : or(ii) Copy of the domicile certificate issued by the Competent authority ;or(iii) Any other proof substantiating the request. Usually applicants are able to submit a certificate of residence or place of birth of self/parents/grandparents from First Class Magistrate/District Magistrate (DM) of the concerned place.
- Evidence of relationship as parent / grandparent, if their Indian origin is claimed as basis for grant of OCI.
- PIO card holder should submit a copy of his / her PIO card.
Applicants may set up an appointment with the Consular Officer at the Embassy for making their OCI application by writing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on the interview and scrutiny of documents provided, Consular Officer may seek additional supporting documents.